Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Good Old Days

I always found growing up a breeze because everything to me seemed normal, I was blissfully unaware of anything and I still get told story’s of that little boy who loved to be outside rolling in the mud and catching all sorts of creepy crawlies. I was born in Celadon, about a 45min drive from Hermanis in the Western Cape, South Africa. I use to life in a little village called Greyton, but as we all say it Gerytin. As you drive up that tar road with a distinctive left curve you turn left and there you see a sign that says “Welcome to Greyton”. The man road leads down and has many shops and B&B’s. Further down is the Market square with only on a Saturday is lively and wonderful. My Grandmother lived in Greyton and visiting her was one of my favourite things in the world. More than this just being the place I grey up in, is the place where all my memories lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment